Our goal is to help students prepare for a career in management positions by shaping creative thinkers, strong communicators and the best negotiators.
Graduates of the A.S. in Business Administration program can seek entry-level employment in business, government, or a variety of industries where a range of business skills are needed. They will be prepared to:
- Fully discuss the evolution of the U.S. economy, as well as the economic behavior of individual consumers and businesses.
- Demonstrate a foundation of knowledge related to consumer behavior and the impact of marketing on consumers.
- Make effective marketing decisions through the application of the elements of an integrated advertising and marketing communications program.
- Demonstrate knowledge of setting up and operating an online retail business in the global marketplace.
- Demonstrate a foundation of business knowledge related to business ownership, marketing, risk management, and social responsibility.
- Identify and apply the fundamental principles of public speaking, speech criticism, audience analysis, and effective delivery techniques.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of computer applications and the broad implications of technological innovation on social organization in terms of personal, political, economic, and environmental issues.
- Demonstrate proficiency with English composition, including the ability to develop essays, revise and edit one’s work, and conduct academic research.
- Demonstrate basic mathematical reasoning and logic as the basis for data analysis, while applying the major concepts of college-level algebra.